12 Februari 2011

My N16 _ Do Castrol EDGE Gives More Miles?

The 2nd aspect that I want to review after changing to Castrol EDGE is the Fuel Consumption effect on my N16. This is quite straight forward compared to the other two aspect. This is because it easily can be measured using the odometer. Beside, I've done fuel monitoring on my car in regular basis. It's quite a long time i didn't record the detail reading. I just know that my car currently (before Castrol EDGE) only can record around 300km-320km per full tank (~40liters) during run-in process. Previously its around 320km-350km. I know, its a fuel guzzler!! huhuhuhu



The Measuring Method that I'm using are as follows:

1 - Fill up fuel full tank until the nozzle lever automatically release.

2 - Avoid force fill up. No any extra fuel after the lever is release.

3 - Reset odometer to '0'.

4 - Drive until the fuel meter shows the fuel is near to 'empty'.

5 - Refill up the fuel full tank with the same method number 1 above.

6 - Record the mileage done and the fuel amount in liters.

7 - The mileage & fuel amount recorded are taken as reading for the previous fuel fill up.

8 - From the mileage & fuel amount recorded , the consumption of petrol for each liters can be calculated by dividing the amount of fuel to the mileage.

9 - Summarize type of road and driving style during the usage of the petrol until the next fill up as references.


But a few assumption I need to make in performing above measuring method as follows:

1 - All nozzle at every petrol kiosk release at the same mechanism and parameter.

2 - Any environment condition (temperature, humidity etc.) will not affect the nozzle release.


There are also lots of other actor that effect the measuring of the fuel consumption. Amongst those are road, car, environment and driving condition. In this case, I have to ignore all the factors above. Please note that I'm using RON 97. My favorite petrol station is BP, but since its quite difficult to find suitable location of BP's petrol station to refueling at Kelantan/Terengganu, i have to settle with my 2nd favorite which is SHELL.

29 Jan 2011, OUG, BP
Mileage recorded for previous fill up of 43.01 liters is 308.4 km


2 Feb 2011, Gua Musang, SHELL
Mileage recorded for previous fill up of 35.71 liters is 341.6 km


A long journey from KL to Kota Bharu


A long journey from Kota Bharu to Kuantan


6 Feb 2011, Gambang, BP
Mileage recorded for previous fill up of 32.47 liters is 331.5 km


Petrol receipt kept as reference & record.


The table below summarize all the readings that are recorded. Unfortunately, there are only 1 reading for pre-Castrol EDGE. As for post-Castrol EDGE, luckily its happen during long CNY break that give me opportunity to have long drive. Until today, i have refueling 5 times with 4 readings.
From the 4 readings, it give the average fuel consumption of 9.48 km/l for post-Castrol EDGE as compared to 7.17 km/l for pre-Castrol EDGE. A different of 2.31km/litre is quite a huge numbers. Imagine every 1 full tank (40 liters) of fuel, i can have extra distance about 92.3km. After some simple math calculation, its also translate the cost to drive before Castrol EDGE is RM0.349/km and after Castrol EDGE is RM0.264/km. The Different is RM0.085/km. This mean, for every 100km I drive, I can save RM8.50. How about saving for the whole lifespan of Castrol EDGE? As recommended by the mechanic, my car should use Castrol EDGE for about 7000km before next oil change. Thats mean i can save up to RM595 worth of petrol. Wow..!! thats a lot. This is base on current RON 97 petrol price of RM2.50/liter.

As a conclusion, from the table above shows that Castrol EDGE do give extra miles for my car. My mission to get extra miles for my car is accomplished Thanks to Castrol EDGE. Hopefully its get better after engine tuning, ended the run-in process.

One more review, the engine performance ...... i think its the hardest, since my car is in the run-in period previously and i haven't done the tuning yet. We'll see......

*sorry for my bad english..... huhuhu

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...